Here’s What Happens to the 98% of College Athletes Who Don’t Go Pro

The goal of many college athletes is a lucrative contract with a marquee professional sports team.

But according to Al Jazeera, less than 2% of these players go pro, leaving 98% to undergo some serious life re-evaluation. Helix reports that adjusting to life after sports can take a serious psychological toll:

“Unfortunately, we don’t really talk about it very much or prepare athletes for it,” says sports psychologist Caroline Silby.

Read entire article